Sunday, January 4, 2009

Judge for Yourselves.

Last night I saw Bill Maher's Religulous. I'll (hopefully) write more about this film later, but for the time being let me simply post a banned cartoon featured in the film that illustrates, "the Mormon philosophy regarding the origins of mankind."

Yeh . . . it's that good.



On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd like to include some poetry I've written concerning the views I hold on institutionalized religion (in the instance of this poem, Christianity).


find jesus
lift his name on high
while mortals are
left
grappling
god, give me strength
good lord
holy, blessed
virgin-mother
guide us.

sooner
rather than later
coming
to see how
failure evolves out of
understanding how insignificant
your
abilities

cannot be
winning
into that blessed text
into a
religious epiphany of no
absolution
no solace in this
man’s heart
the
polluted chalice
cradling wine,
not salvation.

find a
personal jesus
and when he is lost
statues
run cold
icons chip
and
there is no ghostly confessor

so
find a therapist.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Andrew -

I'm waiting for the review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" after your newfound interpretation and vision of the film. Hahaha!

Maddie :)

Evan said...

Thats crazy. Probably rivals the explanation of scientology. Still I hear religulous wasn't that great.