Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Slumdog" Soars

There are certain films out there that people should see simply for their own good. Slumdog Millionaire is such a film, blending effective story-telling, lush cinematography, and unconventional music for the sake of providing a brief respite from the numb, endless cycle of everyday life. While I do not purport this film to be the best thing since sliced bread, it nevertheless is a noteworthy triumph for director Danny Boyle and a progressive showcase of Bollywood aesthetics for an inexperienced American public.

Simply put, go see this film.

Below, the song that plays over the end-credit dance sequence (the actual dance sequence is continually removed from Youtube due to copyright laws). I dare you to remain completely motionless while listening to the infectious beat of "Jai Ho." It's a scientifically proven impossibility.

3 comments:

Maddie said...

Andrew-

I was about to go post on my blog and I see this post pop up in the blogs I'm following. Now, after having watched your video blog, I'm discouraged to post. I should just direct people to your blog for "Slumdog." ahah :)

MD

The Critical Lens said...

you flatter me, maddie =)

endlessdelirium said...

Hey Andrew. I know you told me to see Slumdog Millionare, but I honestly wasn't going to XD. Now that I've seen your blog on it though, I might just have to. And it wasn't rambling, don't worry. <3
~M&M~